Night Warehouse Manager
Belle Plaine, MN
Cambria has an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment. The purpose of this position is to manage the receipt, storage and transfer of raw ingredients, raw and finished slabs and tile products at the Cambria Plant location in a safe and cost effective manner to ensure consistent and proper flow of raw material to the production lines, slabs to the MN DC and tile to customers and to ensure proper safeguarding of and record keeping over the company's inventory asset investment.
- Closely manage the day-to-day operation of the Warehouse to ensure all workers are properly deployed and have a clear understanding of the plan of work and the expectations of the Warehouse Manager and other plant senior management.
- Develop and execute a plan to properly store all slabs in a logical and orderly manner. Maximize use of metal racks and eliminate use of wood A-frames for storage purposes inside the Cambria Plant.
- Understand in detail what slabs/tile are in storage and where.
- Understand in detail what raw ingredients are in storage and where.
- Communicate multiple times each day with the MN Distribution and Samples Operations Managers to ensure a clear course of action is established for slab/tile transfers, that all deviations from plan are identified early and resolved with all parties and needed revisions to the plan are agreed to by all parties.
- Communicate slab availability needs to the Polish Line Supervisor. Follow up to ensure that needed slabs are being successfully polished and delivered to the warehouse.
- Execute on a logical and regular basis a cycle count program to monitor inventory accuracy. Create action plans to address any and all deficiencies found in the cycle count program. Report results of the cycle count program to Plant senior management.
- Ensure that Warehouse employees have the appropriate report server and WCS access and are properly trained on use of all applicable system programs.
- Develop and maintain a rigorous and accurate receiving function to properly record and physically control all inbound material deliveries.
- Ensure that WCS/ERP transaction guidelines are properly followed.
- Actively manage the proper upkeep and maintenance of Warehouse equipment.
- Develop and execute plans to regularly clean all warehouse areas to promote the Cambria brand image.
- Be a visible leader and provide support to all Warehouse employees.
- Recommend and initiate changes as needed to improve overall customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of warehouse management experience required.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, WCS and ERP programs).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, averaging, percentages).
- Ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Ability to effectively plan, communicate the plan and hold self and team members accountable to the plan.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions effectively.
- Good people skills.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Ability to work quickly and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
If you are looking to advance your career by becoming a member of a growing and dynamic team, we are eager to meet you. Please send your resume and salary requirements to Employment@CambriaUSA.com (reference job # 12-082 in the subject line of your e-mail).
Cambria is a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial vision. We bring a new perspective and approach to the countertop industry by responding to the needs of our customers. With state-of-the-art facilities, combined with the work ethic of experienced employee teams, Cambria has rapidly become an industry leader.